Speech Therapist - Per Diem Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Speech Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Gathers all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient¿s needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals.
- Formulates functionally based and measurable short term and long term goals.
- Develops and implements an individualized treatment program that focuses on achievement of the established goals.
- Participates in the ongoing development of the discharge plan that was initiated at the time of the primary visit.
- Prepares written documentation such as Progress Notes, Reassessments, and Discharge Summaries.
- Develops and implements individualized goals and treatment program focused on identified resident needs.
- Focuses on achievement of the established goals. Participates in the ongoing development of the discharge plan.
- Completes patient treatments with a scheduled day.
- Evaluates effects of treatments by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress then recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Develops a rapport and mutual respect with the patient to foster an optimum environment for goal achievement.
- Provides education to patients and/or families based upon the identified learning needs in a manner that the patients and/or families can demonstrate their understanding.
- Establishes appropriate methods of communication to improve the patient's independence in his/her interaction with others.
- Establishes appropriate swallowing compensation to minimize patient risk of respiratory and nutritional compromise.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge in providing for the assessment and remediation of cognitive, visual-perceptual skills and/or behavioral parameters.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Perform clinical care professionally
- Serve as patient advocate and role model to other Team Members
- Deliver patient care with minimal disruptions and obstacles
- Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team
- Dysphagia experience required
- MBS experience preferred
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Speech Language Pathology License.
- CPR certification preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.