Social Worker, Hartwyck at Edison Estates
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Social Worker at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Acts as a liaison between families and treatment team members
- Provides support to residents and families to ease the transition to long term care and sub-acute rehabilitation Promotes residents reaching their highest level of functioning throughout their stay within the facility
- Promotes the residents right of self-determination and participation in their care
- Provides support and education to LTC/SAR residents and families regarding issues including but not limited to adjustment to placement/medical condition, resident rights, healthcare wishes and end of life issues
- Documents initial admission assessments, progress notes, updates, discharge plan, MDS, care plans and Advance Directive status for resident chart
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of MDS sections as assigned
- Identifies and evaluates the social, psychological, emotional, spiritual, financial, cultural and family situation of residents
- May be newly graduated
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Masters of Social Worker or a BA in Social Work or related Field
- Knowledge of case work process, counseling and therapeutic process
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.