Social Worker - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Social Work Associate works with residents by identifying their psychosocial, mental and emotional needs along with providing and/or aiding in the access of services to meet those needs. Services are provided with strict adherence to all government regulations. The Social Work Associate is responsible for both fostering a climate and developing routines to enable residents to maximize their individuality, independence, and promoting the highest practical level of physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being and quality of life.
A day in the life of a Social Work Associate at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Complete a social history and psychosocial assessment for each resident that identifies social, emotional, and psychosocial needs.
- For each resident, participate in the development of a written, interdisciplinary plan of care that identifies the psychosocial needs & issues, appropriate social work interventions, and the goals to accomplish. Document progress for each resident.
- Ensure or provide therapeutic interventions to assist residents in coping with their transition and adjustment to a long-term care facility.
- Ensure or provide support and education to residents/family/significant others to assist in their understanding of the placement and facility issues in addition to referring them to appropriate social service agencies, when required.
- Provide clinical interventions for residents to address catastrophic events that may occur.
- Coordinate resident discharge planning process and make referrals for appropriate home care services before discharge.
- Educate staff regarding the role of the Social Worker.
- Educate staff regarding the psychosocial needs of residents and their families/significant others as well as the problems related to aging and disability.
- Educate staff regarding cultural diversity as well as recognizing and preventing abuse, neglect, and mistreatment.
- Educate staff, residents, and family/significant others regarding their rights and responsibilities; effective problem solving and the availability of community, health, and social services that are available, including post discharge support.
- Develop and maintain a list of current community resources to assist residents and family/significant others.
- Participate in the development and review of policies and practices related to Social Work as well as resident care & quality of life.
- Understand and meet all government requirements, including documentation, certification, continuing education, and reporting.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Maintain full documentation and complete all administrative requirements, as required
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BA or Master's Degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Knowledge of case work process, counseling and therapeutic process.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Casework and group experience.
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Social Worker - Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.