Social Worker/Disch Plan - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Social Worker provides discharge planning, counseling and community support referrals to Medical inpatient population.
A day in the life of a Social Worker, Discharge Planning at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Develops and implements discharge plan according to patient needs and/or patient/family wishes and acuity of patient condition, completes in a timely manner all documentation and referrals to avoid delays in discharge planning, consults with multidisciplinary team daily to assure coordination of medical and psychosocial treatment plan is appropriate and timely.
2. Completes documentation on all cases in time frames established by departmental policy, documentation of patient assessment and discharge planning plans and arrangements is informative ongoing and concise. Adheres to all regulatory agency requirements for documentation as well as internal policy guidelines
3. Provides coverage as assigned, attends and participates in Length of stay rounds and multidisciplinary rounds and other committes as requested, participates in other department & hospital initiatives as required.
4. Interviews patients and/or family, completes psycho social assessment of all cases referred or self referral, reviews daily admissions for automatic referrals, monitors plan of care and reassess the discharge plan as needed or required by policy, Screens patients for eligibility to entitlements and available community programs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Either a Masters of Social Work or a BA in Social Work or related field.
2. At least one year hospital Social Work experience and a license or certification in Social Work in the State of New Jersey.
3. Computer Knowledge
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Certified Social Worker - Certification or NJ Licensed Social Worker.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.