Senior Postdoctoral Research Scientist
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Senior Postdoctoral Research Scientists will have significant experience in the Neurosciences or related disciplines that can be adapted to use in neuroscience research (e.g., molecular biology, bioinformatics, etc). They will be competent to contribute to running a laboratory and to assist with training/supervision of junior lab members.
A day in the life of a Senior Postdoctoral Research Scientists at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Work independently on day-to-day research tasks.
- Design and execute valid experiments with minimal input from the laboratory director. 3. Analyze data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Communicate their findings via preparation of abstracts, manuscripts and presentations.
- In concert with the Research Scientist, identify and formulate relevant research topics for grant application.
- Assist in the preparation of applications for research funds to federal, state and local government agencies, and to appropriate private charitable foundations.
- Participate in the educational mission of the Neuroscience Institute through teaching activities.
- Mentor and supervise more junior lab members, including students and other postdoctoral fellows, when requested by the laboratory director.
- Create and maintain laboratory notebooks and records.
- Participate in and/or contribute to appropriate committees and study groups as requested by the Neuroscience Institute.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Senior postdoctoral research scientists will be graduates of an accredited University PhD program. They will also have successfully completed postdoctoral training at established research institutions as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Senior postdoctoral research scientists will have a minimum of five (5) years postdoctoral experience at established research institutions.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with relevant techniques and equipment required to perform their role in the lab.
- Ability to identify, initiate and oversee the use of established or novel techniques within the lab.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.