Senior Payroll Representative
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Senior Payroll Representative is responsible for providing data entry and administrative support to the Payroll Department. This level works handles complex issues and acts as a resource to Payroll Analysts, escalating issues to manager as needed.
1. Triage all inquiries and escalate where applicable to Payroll Analysts.
2. Expected tasks to resolve without escalation include: - All ADP iPay Resets and registration inquiries - All E-PAY inquiries and functionality procedures - KABA clocks - biometric issues - KABA clocks - department access issues - Payroll Processing Timelines and Department Contacts (HR/IT) - Timecard Exceptions - definition and resolution steps - Paycheck Inquiries - General department guidelines including but not limited to involving tax forms, direct deposit allocation, garnishment process and schedule errors.
3. Articulates policies and procedures in a clear, concise and effective manner.
4. Respond to employee inquiries received via hotline calls, emails and MyWay cases timely always providing accurate information.
5. Keeps customers informed with frequent call-backs and updates on pending issues until resolution is completed.
6. Perform KABA clock administration, including biometric enrollments, template maintenance, department clock assignments, and any other applicable tasks.
7. Perform tasks in HOLA as needed by Training Specialists, including but not limited to creating courses in HOLA, running transcript reports and verifying security access prior to training.
8. Maintain confidentiality of all payroll data by locking PC when stepping away from desk, being cognizant of surroundings when discussing confidential data, password protecting all files sent through email, not releasing any confidential data without the employee's written consent, verifying manager access before providing any salary information, and keeping all employee information and files restricted to the Payroll staff and approved leaders.
9. Fax garnishment orders to ADP.
10. Payroll Conference and Training Room reservation management.
11. Employee and Vendor Appointment management.
12. Mail sorting and distribution.
13. Enter schedules for payroll adjustments to support Payroll Analysts.
14. May perform basic payroll adjustments as needed.
15. Setup new patterns for departments in Clairvia and PeopleSoft as needed.
16. Scan and link all employee documents via IMAGE NOW.
17. Perform ad-hoc projects and other department tasks as assigned.
18. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma.
2. Four or more years' general administrative and data entry duties in a payroll environment.
3. Four or more years' experience with PeopleSoft Time and Labor or similar timekeeping system.
4. Must be able to handle large call volume on daily basis and maintain composure when speaking with difficult or irate callers.
5. Exceptional interpersonal skills (patient, articulate, friendly and positive).
6. Proficient in MS Office - Outlook, Excel and Word.
7. Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure in a demanding work environment.
8. Takes initiative in professional development.
9. Demonstrates a team player, positive attitude and willingness to support the department's goals and vision.
10. Demonstrates a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done and meet deadlines.
11. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven culture a must.
12. Effectively allocates time and resources to meet project/task deadlines.
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening skills.
14. All written communications are sent with zero spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.
15. Self-Learner; ability to learn and retain new systems and processes quickly.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. PeopleSoft Payroll for North America version 9.1 or later.
2. One or more years' experience with Clairvia Staff Manager or other, similar workforce management software.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.