Senior OR Technician - Operating Room - F/T with Benefits Day
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Senior OR Technician at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Maintenance and operation of complex specialty equipment & instrumentation
- Demonstrates advanced surgical techniques and is able to independently assist in complex surgical procedures
- Assists with the scrub role orientation and training of new and other staff members rotating through the specialty service(s), including RNs and other disciplines
- Ensure the accuracy of the surgeons’ pick lists by updating and communicating changes as appropriate
- Prepares and handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment needed for the surgical procedure by ensuring proper functioning, care, and use of such
- Assists the coordinator in the inventory management of supplies, instrumentation and equipment of the specialty service
- Assists in the evaluation of new instruments, products and clinical equipment.
- Participates in the development of guidelines for use of equipment, products & instrumentation
- At least two years of demonstrated surgical technologist experience in multiple specialties, i.e., minimally invasive, general, vascular, orthopedics, urology, GYN, neurosurgery, robotic, podiatry, etc. and the ability to independently assist in the most complex surgical procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program. Certification as a surgical technologist required by National Board of Surgical Technology (NBSTSA) or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) unless exempt by state regulation
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification - BLS
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.