Senior Contracting Specialist. Managed Care
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Reporting to the Vice President of Managed Care, the incumbent will develop and negotiate owned and affiliated partner companies
ancillary and hospital service contracts on behalf of Hackensack Meridian Health in accordance with established rate and language.
A day in the life of a Senior Contracting Specialist, Managed Care at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Develop and negotiate owned and affiliated partner companies ancillary and hospital
service contracts on behalf of Hackensack Meridian Health in accordance with established rate and language parameters.
- Responsible for the coordination of completion of credentialing and re-credentialing for assigned payer/partner companies within payer time
- Demonstrate advanced managed care contract negotiation skills within a hospital, medical group, or health plan environment
- Address operational, financial, and service issues with assigned payers, and facilitate contract
implementation within key operational areas throughout the organization.
- Work with department and service leaders in resolving contract related issues and contract development and performance.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with internal andexternal customers including community network providers, health plans, medical groups and other payers to resolve contract-related operational issues in a timely manner.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or in a healthcare related field
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in facility and ancillary provider reimbursement mechanisms
- Strong background Ancillary Managed Care Contracting & Contractual Language with ability to review ancillary agreements and know how to incorporation contractual language changes a must.
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills are required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.