Senior Admitting Officer, Hartwyck at Edison Estates - Temp
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Senior Admitting Officer at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Assigns rooms as soon as request is received.
- Notifies appropriate departments of room assignment.
- Maintains accurate bed board list.
- Confirms census changes with nursing.
- Processes/prioritizes all types of admissions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates good judgements and priorities in determining room assignments.
- Seeks guidance from infection control nurse/delegate as appropriate.
- Collects and inputs patient's demographic/financial/medical information using appropriate codes.
- Obtains and copies ID and insurance cards.
- Arranges primary physician assignment by utilizing approved credential list.
- Complies and distributes daily census reports for facility.
- Coordinates facility tours.
- Tracks referral sources.
- Provides direct marketing to potential referral sources.
- Tracks all admissions, re-admissions, transfers and discharge dispositions.
- Coordinates marketing materials for prospective patient/resident/family and referral sources.
- Associate's degree preferred
- Some experience in Long-Term-Care environment preferred
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.