Security Officer Assistant
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
The Security Officer Assistant is responsible to welcome guests to the JFK University Medical Center, verify visitor and patient identification and provide guest passes, assist with wayfinding, answer questions about Medical Center services and policies and maintain a professional image in the lobby areas.
A day in the life of a Security Officer Asssistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Welcomes all guests to the JFK University Medical Center. Greets the patient and visitors in a courteous fashion utilizing both verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Controls visitor and patient access into the medical center. Advises guests of the visiting and access policies, alerting Security supervisor to any violations.
- Verifies patient and visitor identification.
- Distributes appropriate Easy Lobby visitor passes to guests in accordance with the established visitor policies of HM/JFKUMC and the patient care area involved.
- Confirms accurate location of the patient, checks for any special privileges and/or restrictions, and enforces them as indicated.
- Responds to requests for directions in an accurate and precise manner providing a way finding map to the appropriate locations.
- Secures lobby entrances and enforces access control, resolves operational challenges, resolves guest complaints and/or concerns by utilizing positive problem-solving approaches. Refers guests with consumer complaints to the Office of Patient Experience and/or the Director of Security.
- Completes all beginning and end of shift procedures to ensure the consistency of service provided by the department and communicates all important information to the following shift and to department leadership (when appropriate) to ensure smooth transition.
- Responds to all emergency situations in accordance with proper policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of information in accordance with HIPPA and Medical Center policies and procedures
- Completes one link incident report for any event not consistent with the routine operations of the facility (event may include patient, physician, visitor, volunteer, or team member).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisors and/or Security leadership.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a customer service focused position.
- Standing, walking, visual acuity, manual dexterity and working with the public.
- Ability to work with computers and software programs issuing visitor badges.
- 1-year customer service experience preferred.
- Bilingual helpful
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.