Security/Maintenance Worker - Per Diem Evenings
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
A day in the life of a Security/Maintenance Worker at Hackensack Meridian includes: Alert, organized, reliable, conscientious worker who has the knowledge and skill of general repair of buildings, equipment and machinery. Must be able to diagnose situations in security and maintenance and accurately communicate either verbally or with written documentation. Must know, observe and uphold the administration and Departmental policy and procedure plan, emergency and contingency protocol.
A day in the life of a Security/Maintenance Worker at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists with snow removal and debris as requested
- Demonstrates professionalism and sensitivity when interacting with residents, families and co-workers
- Upholds appropriate levels of confidentiality, discretion and respect for resident’s rights
- Maintains appropriate parts & supply inventory
- Ensures all tools and equipment are secured and accounted for according to policy
- Maintains security of buildings and grounds
- Maintains visitor control log and fire safety systems
- Secures and unlocks offices and doors
- Maintains log items received and or deliveries made to the facility
- Ensures ambulance and emergency services have access to the building
- Ensures safety of residents and staff 13. Reports safety and/or fire hazards and or deficiencies
- Maintains, evaluates and repairs machinery and mechanical equipment as necessary 15. Additional duties as assigned
- Assists in the maintenance of the grounds/property
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Three years experience in general repair of building, equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and related tools.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Time-management skills
- Multitasking and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid Driver's License Licenses
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.