RN Clinical Documentation Specialist - Clinical Documentation Init - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse Clinical Documentation Specialist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Facilitating improvement in the overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation.
- Performing concurrent inpatient medical record reviews.
- Interacting with physicians, Health Information Services (HIS) coding staff and other members of the health care team to ensure the accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation supports resource utilization, length of stay and patient outcomes.
- Educating all members of the patient care team and participates in the development of educational tools and programs for the health care team.
- Collecting and analyzing data to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of clinical documentation processes and physician participation.
- Reporting to to the Program Manager, Clinical Documentation.
- Valid and Current NJ RN License
- Bachelors in Science of Nursing
AHIMA: CCS and/or CCDS certification a plus
Minimum five (5) years of progressive clinical experience in an acute inpatient care setting
Self-directed individual with diverse clinical knowledge and highly developed problem solving and critical thinking skills
Previous experience in medical record chart review, working knowledge of DRG methodology and knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding classification system preferred
Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other clinical professional staff
Previous CDI program experience a plus
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.