How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Conducts independent research. Publishes research reports in peer-reviewed professional journals. Applies for grant funding. Participates in the educational mission of the department.
A day in the life of a Research Scientist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- The incumbent shall be responsible for conducting scientific research consistent with the mission and goals of the department. The incumbent shall ensure that experiments are conducted in a safe manner and consistent with the protocols established by the Director of the research lab. The research scientist shall ensure that the laboratory is properly maintained, including routine cleaning and maintenance of the lab benches, equipment, and hoods. The incumbent will work to ensure that inventories of all lab supplies, reagents, chemicals are properly maintained. The research scientist shall ensure that there is accurate record-keeping, data entry and database organization pertinent to research projects.
- The Research scientist shall be responsible for devising or helping to draw up new research proposals and applying for funding of grants to federal, state, and local government agencies and to appropriate private charitable Foundations.
- The Research scientist shall be responsible for communicating research results to the physician faculty of the institute and to the scientific community at large via published papers in peer reviewed journals; He or she shall be responsible for presenting ongoing work and findings to colleagues at academic conferences, and producing academic posters which summarize the nature of their research, their methodology and their findings.
- Participate in the educational mission of the department through teaching activities, including new course and program development. Mentor graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. He or she will supervise junior research faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and research assistants.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- MD, PH.D., D.Sci or equivalent.
- Has published scientific findings in peer-reviewed journals. Has teaching and laboratory administrative experience. Is working toward or has established a credible research program.
- Prior training &/or experience in a related discipline. Demonstrated excellence in lab bench skills & in written & verbal communications. Demonstrated competence w/ word processing, sprdsht org , bibliog, data analysis & presentation.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.