Research Scientist, Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is nationally ranked by US World and News Report.
This position will work on JFK's Stroke Recovery Program which has been nationally recognized for their groundbreaking research and will continue to oversee /expand the study to ultimately change the lives of stroke patients around the world.
A day in the life of a Research Scientist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Conducts independent physical medicine & rehabilitation research. Publishes research reports in peer-reviewed professional journals.
- Applies for grant funding.
- Participates in the educational mission of the JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute.
- Exhibits appropriate professional skills and ethical behaviors needed for successful academic and clinical research.
- Helps oversee the research and coordinates the data analysis team, consent team, and the follow-up call team.
- MD, PH.D., Doctorate of Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of managing research/ related experience is required
- Has published scientific findings in peer-reviewed journals.
- Has teaching, research as well as administrative experience.
Prior training and/or experience in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation or a closely related discipline.
Demonstrated excellence in research design, research implementation, statistical analysis, organization, team management, as well as written and verbal communications.
Demonstrated competence with word processing, spreadsheet organization, data analysis and oral/written presentation as well as data harvesting in working with the IT Team.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.