Registered Nurse / RN - Per Diem Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Hackensack Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation (HMNR) RN Nurse Residency Program is a twelve-month program developed to expand upon the critical thinking capacity of new RNs as they are guided and supported in the transition from student nurse to RN practice. Nurse Residents (NR) are expected to be active participants, fully engaged in the learning process and committed to completing the requirements of this twelve-month program. There are two tracks: one for new to practice licensed RNs and one for seasoned Rehab LPNs who have attained an RN License. At the completion of the twelve-month program, there is a graduation ceremony and a monetary award of $1,000 for each graduate! After graduation, the RN will be eligible to apply for the Senior Nurse position, which is an introduction to Leadership responsibilities/roles.
Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing and Rehabilitation's (HMNR) Clinical Ladder Program, signified as the Clinical Advancement and Recognition of Excellence or C.A.R.E., is an outcome based clinical recognition program for which clinical nurses are acknowledged and rewarded for achieving and demonstrating increased levels of expertise, and for their ability to make an impact on resident/patient outcomes at the bedside. All part-time (over 20 hours/week) and full-time clinical nurses who have met expectations on the Annual Performance Appraisal are eligible to apply after one (1) year of service. This includes all "hands-on" RNs and LPNs, including unit managers, supervisors, and case managers. Additional compensation of $1 per hour is provided to approved participants who satisfy the activity requirements and eligibility standards of this program.
In addition to these programs, RNs receive additional compensation for earning their BSN and earning and maintaining up to two approved nursing certifications.
We encourage you to review all of our benefits offerings at www.teamhmh.com!
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing and Rehab can be described as:
- Functions responsibly as an RN educator; teaches patients and families based on identified health needs
- Utilizes appropriate teaching methodologies based upon the learning needs of the patients
- Performs as a practitioner in a safe and efficient manner
- Actively perpetuates assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of resident care plan are reflective of Policy and Procedure and Standard of Care, measured by complete and accurate documentation
- Demonstrates team approach to problem solving through frequent communication and collaboration on complex issues
- Monitors and supervises nursing staff to ensure quality of care
- Maintains all facility equipment as per facility policy. Follows Manufacturers’ specifications for use of equipment
- IV pumps
- Identifies equipment problems and safety hazards and takes appropriate action to initiate repairs and/or correction of deficiencies
- Supplies are stocked and cleaned as appropriately so equipment is readily available
- Delegates tasks and assignments to appropriate staff within their scope of practice
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of an approved RN program
- Perform clinical care professionally
- Serve as patient advocate and role model to other Team Members
- Deliver patient care with minimal disruptions and obstacles
- Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- BLS Basic Life Support
- CPR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- IV Certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.