Registered Nurse- Per Diem
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
In addition, nurses who are new to HMH and meet eligibility and scheduling requirements are eligible for SIGN-ON BONUSES as follows:
RN - $5,000
LPN - $5,000
We encourage you to review all of our benefits offerings at www.teamhmh.com!
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse can be described as follows:
- Supervises and makes assignment of nursing personnel on the unit
- Establishes the nursing care plan, utilizing nursing diagnosis for patients in cooperation with the supervisor and nursing personnel on the unit.
- Implements plans of care for residents. Consistently, accurately, and independently prioritizes and completes routine assignments within guidelines and schedules.
- Recognizes psychosocial needs, their possible effects on behavior on intervenes to provide emotional support.
- Maintains accurate informative records on all patients in the unit.
- Identify and report all real or potential problems regarding the development or administration of patient care.
- Maintains adequate inventory of medications, equipment, and supplies on the unit.
- Records, reports, and interprets patient responses to treatment and care to appropriate members of the inter-disciplinary team.
- Identify and assess any changes in patient conditions/needs and report to Charge Nurse/Supervisor/
- Demonstrate team approach to problem solving through frequent communication and collaboration on complex issues to provide appropriate care.
- Maintains all equipment as per facility policy and uses equipment consistent with equipment specifications.
- Participates and represents facility and Nursing staff on committees, as requested by supervisors.
- Identifies patient needs and treatment opportunities, providing services to meet those needs on an on-going basis.
- Maintains professional competence and keeps current with Occupational Health and nursing trends through participation in continuing education, in-service programs, professional staff sessions and training of nursing personnel.
- Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team Members, patients, family/significant others and visitors.
- Assists with new Team Member orientation and provide key experiences to prepare Team Member for independent performance of essential job functions. Problems are reported to Manager promptly.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of an approved RN program
- Perform clinical care professionally
- Serve as patient advocate and role model to other Team Members
- Deliver patient care with minimal disruptions and obstacles
- Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- BLS Basic Life Support
- CPR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- IV Certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.