Registered Nurse - Pediatric Intensive Care - F/T Days
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At JFK Hackensack Meridian Health, our PICU RN’s assist our pediatric patients in living better, healthier lives. Our experienced critical care intensivists and nurses have a thorough understanding of injuries and illnesses as well as best treatment options for children birth -21yrs.. Our strong sense of connection and collaboration between our nursing team, patients,and families creates an ideal PICU location, which is staffed separately within our 18 bedded pediatric department.
If you are looking to be part of something great, join our team and see how we show up for each other, and our community. Our location is equidistant to activities in New York City and soothing Jersey beaches. Together, we keep getting better advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as leaders of positive change.
A Pediatric Intensive Care Registered Nurse at JFK UMC incorporates up-to-date evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, in the delivery of nursing practice. Our family centered approach allows our team to partner with patient caregivers to assess acuity, provide care and ensure an individualized treatment plan. A day in the life of an experienced PICU RN continuously pairs research and education with positive patient outcomes.
- Identifies ethical issues in the practice setting and brings them to the attention of other team
- Recognizes and responds to opportunities to enhance patient satisfaction.
- Must acquire and maintain competencies, certifications, and continuing education to meet any
facility accreditation or individual licensing requirements.
- Lifts a minimum of 35 lbs., pushes, and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6
hours a day.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Must have 2 years PICU experience or more months of relevant nursing experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support within 1 year of hire.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.