Registered Nurse Hosp/Pall Pd
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
For further rewards offered, please visit www.TEAMHMH.COM
The responsibilities include:
- Hospice RN to Care for terminally ill patients and their families in homes, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Hackensack Meridian Hospitals.Case Manage for terminally ill patients and their families in homes, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Hackensack Meridian Hospitals.
- To be primarily an admission nurse, assess and evaluate care needs and assist Hospice Patients and their families with the Hospice admission process.
- Registered Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating care needs of assigned patients in keeping with agency policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Caring for the immediate needs of the the Hospice Patient and their families.
- Developing a plan of care to meet those needs.
- Medication reconciliation and education.
- Communication to the Hospice team all findings and needs.
- Work well with the interdisciplinary team
- Work well with the terminally ill and their self-appointed families
- Medication Management skills
- Flexibility with working with patients and families in creating individualized plans of care to meet patient and family needs.
Qualifications for the Registered Nurse include:
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing is required
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is required
- NJ Driver’s license with an available registered and insured vehicle is required
- Prior Home Care or Hospice experience is preferred
- Chemo Certification (CRNI) is preferred
- One (1) year of Medical/Surgical, Acute Care or Long Term Care experience is preferred
- Must have six (6) or more months of nursing experience is required
- IV Certification is required , experience with the management of Central Lines is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.