Registered Nurse - Home Care- Hospice- Edison, NJ- On-Call
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
- Collects data on health history.Assesses and identifies physical, emotional, spiritual, environmental, safety, pain and educational needs of patients across the lifespan .Documents all data and findings.Utilizes diagnostic reasoning. Obtains all written documents that pertain to the patient's course of treatment.
- Evaluates and reassesses patient response to interventions and documents findings. Revises/ updates plans of care as needed and communicates well with patient, family, physician, and hospice team. Implements all interventions
- Identifies, implements, evaluates, emergent and critical patient care needs. Communicates as appropriate. Compliant with National Patient Safety Goals
- Administers medications according to established policy and procedure
- Demonstrates competency in the use/maintenance of patient care equipment.
- Develops comprehensive plan of care with patient, family, physician, and hospice team's input
- Communicates plan of care with patient, family, physician, and hospice team as appropriate.
- Proficient in pain and symptom management
- Functions as the case manager of the hospice cases
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Recognizes the patient and family as the unit of care
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Pronouncement services provided by all RN's. 21.
- Delegates patient care activities to qualified individuals 22.
- Participates in Haven Hospice QAPI program by utilizing collected performance improvement data 23.
- Collaborates and communicates with hospice team regarding patient's plan of care 24.
- Manages clinical conflicts and communicates to supervisors as necessary 25.
- Complies with regulatory requirements. Participates in all mandated inservices. 26.
- Functions at the highest level of professional behavior and standards 27
- Participates in community health activities 28.
- Utilizes evidenced based practice and professional standards of nursing practice 29.
- RN's financial cost effective responsibility is to review monthly durable medical equipment placement and patient medication. 30.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. 31.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- BSN preferred
- Minimum of two years of supervised clinical experience in medical-surgical nursing or oncology nursing unit preferred.
- Home care experience 1-2 years preferred.
- Hospice experience 1-2 years preferred.
- Computer knowledge preferred
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.