Reg Respiratory Therapist ( Full- Time)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Respiratory Therapists on our team act with courage and compassion every day. They speak up and advocate for our patients. They are creative with their approach and they are collaborative with everything they do.
A Day in the life of a Respiratory Therapist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Providing respiratory therapy under medical direction, in the education, treatment, management, & diagnostic evaluation and care of patients in the hospital with deficiencies of the cardiopulmonary system.
- Performing Intubation assistance as well as Ventilator set-up & management.
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including patient specific disease education as well as testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate.
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement.
- Provides and documents education to patients/caregivers based upon identified needs in an understandable manner.
- Current and valid New Jersey Respiratory Care license and Registered Respiratory Therapist is required
- BLS/CPR by American Heart Association, ACLS, and PALS required within six (6) months of hire
- Experience as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.