Quality Improvement Specialist
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Quality Improvement Specialist acts in conjunction with the Director of Quality and Accreditation by providing leadership and support for a variety of quality & safety improvement initiatives. The Quality Assurance Coordinator collaborates with Disease Specific Programs and Performance Improvement Teams to achieve transformational and sustainable outcome improvements using project/program management; process and system mapping; reliability science data driven strategies; evidence based best practices; quality/performance improvement tools; LEAN and Change Management techniques; and High Reliability Organization principles (HRO).
A day in the life of Quality Improvement Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Facilitate and lead highly functioning teams organized around quality & safety initiatives including disease specific certifications.
- Identify improvement priorities based on evidence, best practices, and regulatory requirements (CMS, Leapfrog, The State of New Jersey Department of Health, and The Joint Commission).
- Confer with personnel at all levels to develop and coordinate patient safety programs. Provide coaching and hands-on support of quality and safety strategies including leading/conducting Root Cause Analysis investigations.
- Provide project management and strategic planning sessions for improvement and safety teams.
- Create and maintain timely and thorough progress reports that include key driver diagrams, metrics/run charts and PDCA documentation.
- Contribute to metric development and dashboard creation and maintenance to reflect the improvement and safety work with the medical center
- Provide updates regarding status of goal attainment and implement standard project management methodology for tracking and planning of safety and improvement projects.
- Develop and provide timely, actionable feedback and reports to clinical, administrative and support staff on all safety & quality initiatives.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate methodologies and relevant tools to identify improvement opportunities and evidence rapid cycle improvement (i.e. PDSA, FMEA, reliability science, bundle science, process flows).
- Demonstrate use of appropriate analytical and statistical tools to evaluate results.
- Ensure effective trend analysis of performance data with comparison over time and comparisons to internal and external benchmarks to identify improvement opportunities, especially for unfavorable trends.
- Develop crisp action plans based on analysis of data results.
- Communicate and educate on compliance with The Joint Commission and other regulatory standards and assist with TJC readiness.
- Data abstraction oversight and management of clinical quality measures for public reporting.
- Support the medical staff quality program and medical staff quality review committees through complication and mortality case reviews.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3-5 years diverse acute care hospital clinical experience.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements: TJC, CMS, NJDOH.
- Working knowledge of PI methodologies, statistical processes, and patient safety principles.
- RN licensure preferred. BS, allied health professional with quality background will be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 1 year quality management/ performance improvement experience.
Licenses & Certifications Preferred:
- CPHQ and/or CPPS certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.