Quality Analytics Specialist
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical and Business Analytics, the Quality Analytics Specialist will be part of a team responsible for deploying data, reporting and analytical solutions across healthcare system. The Quality Analytics Specialist will design, develop, implement and maintain reporting and analytic solutions for stakeholders. The Quality Analytics Specialist will work very closely with project teams and within the health system to support organizational decision making by turning disparate data into concise and actionable information.
A day in the life of Quality Analytics Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Become the organization-wide content expert on clinical measurement/analysis methods and imparts relevant details to senior leaders and quality staff. Continually expands/updates this knowledge.
- Assists the data science and data engineering team in identifying data problems or issues, assists in researching solutions, and recommending corrective steps to achieve higher level of integrity and efficiency.
- Develops and analyzes clinical/business reports and provides advanced insights of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- Continue to gain health care knowledge to enhance domain expertise as well as knowledge of advanced analysis and modeling techniques.
- Provides analytical/quantitative support to create, test, validate/maintain data reports or analytics solutions.
- Supports the improvement analytic development lifecycle as solutions and applications are developed and implemented by other internal departments.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree or higher in quantitative fields (Mathematics, Physics, computer science, engineering, operations research, Statistics, Economics or Actuarial Science)
- Understanding of clinical quality measurement, Care and Utilization Management and Quality reporting.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated analytics experience (healthcare preferred) quantifying, measuring and analyzing clinical, financial and utilization data.
- 2 year experience in working with business partners and/or clients to identify the business problem, identifying proper data, constructing analytic solutions to the business problem and then presenting the data insights along with creative recommendations.
- Proficiency with data manipulation and retrieval from large databases using SQL(T-SQL, PL-SQL), or similar software.
- Minimum 1-year experience with statistical analysis tools such as R, SAS and/or SPSS.
- Minimum 2 years experience with data visualization techniques and tools(Tableau, Power BI, Qlickview and/or Spotfire).
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of new domains and underlying data sources.
- Experience in initiating and driving dialogue with the different business areas to identify opportunities to leverage healthcare Informatics and Big Data Analytics.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge in computer programming languages (Python, Java, C), simulation software (Matlab, AnyLogic).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.