Prospect Research Analyst, HUMC Foundation
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Prospect Research Analyst works under the direction of Director of Prospect Research to build a broad and deep understanding of fundraising metrics to provide the information that supports the management of prospects through the development cycle. Proposes processes for ensuring that the best prospects are actively managed by the frontline fundraisers. Provides accurate research on individuals, companies, and private foundations. Utilizes databases and online resources to create reports detailing wealth, philanthropy, biographical, and business information. Identifies new prospects through data mining and segmentation.
A day in the life of a Prospect Research Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prospect Relationship Management/ Fundraising Strategy (40%):
- Implement effective fundraising metrics that provide the information supporting prospect management through the development cycle, as well as drive increased major giving.
- Regularly report information detailing fundraising progress/activity and interpret the data in order to advise leadership and other managers regarding fundraising performance.
- Strategize and partner with leadership, Director of Prospect Research, Senior Executive Directors (SEDs), Executive Directors (EDs) and Development Officers (DOs) to support the development of high-capacity prospect pipelines.
- Assist in setting short and long-term goals and priorities for the prospect management (moves management) program.
- Act as a Raiser's Edge prospect management expert to inform the design and continued implementation of a prospect management training program for SEDs, EDs, DOs, and their support staff.
- Partner with SEDs, EDs, DOs, and their support staff on the tracking and management of their activity in Raiser's Edge (e.g. relationship management system and Clinician Engagement).
- Utilize queries, exports, and Pivot tables within constituent databases (Raisers Edge and ResearchPoint) to identify new prospects and track prospect activity.
- Research (40%):
- Position frontline fundraisers for success in relationships with prospects, potential prospects, trustees, volunteers, and other related personnel, through providing accurate and updated information.
- Create research profiles for individuals, companies, and foundations using databases and online resources.
- Produce event briefings that include pertinent information about all attendees' including large-scale events and smaller cultivation receptions; track follow-up from these events to determine if the events result in gift activity.
- Leadership (20%):
- Conduct personalized team member trainings regarding Raiser's Edge documentation (e.g. relationship management system and clinician engagement initiative).
- Partner with Director in order to establish and maintain internal metrics for research department (e.g. transitioning the division to apply metrics that measure outputs and outcomes). Implement and maintain evaluation system for research department (e.g. creating research surveys to determine what types of research are the most useful).
- Work with VP of Individual Giving and Strategy to align departmental metrics with the rest of the foundation.
- Continually seek to improve current research processes, such as tracking specific types of donors (e.g., service line, physician, philanthropic interests, and relationships with existing donors).
- Performs work ethically, accurately, and confidentially.
- Promote teamwork, mutual respect, open communication, and flexibility.
- Understand and apply national best practices, processes, and technologies for prospect management. Learn about technologies, products, and expertise that could improve the effectiveness of the Hackensack Meridian Health Foundation's development programs and apply them to grow and achieve an industry-leading program.
- Seek opportunities for professional development that will enhance job performance. Develop and maintain a network of contacts with other prospect management professionals nationwide.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of work experience, training, and/or education.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Strong writing and researching skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent communicator, both in speaking and writing.
- Proficiency in online research, including databases such as LEXIS-NEXIS.
- Proficiency with constituent databases, such as Raisers Edge or Advance
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's Degree.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.