How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Practice Manager plans, organizes and evaluates operations and services within the Physician offices of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in conjunction with the Medical Director. This position is responsible for the supervision of support staff and the development and implementation of systems related to patient flow, patient and stakeholder’s satisfaction, patient/staff safety and supports efficient operations, regulatory compliance and financial viability. This includes all aspects of patient scheduling and registration as well management of patient records, managed care credentialing, Medicare/aid enrollment, processing of payroll and ordering of equipment and supplies. The incumbent demonstrates knowledge of the current healthcare and reimbursement environment.
A day in the life of a Practice Manager at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Collaborates with the Medical Director and PM&R Administrators in the development, planning, design and implementation of staff education.
- Acts as a liaison and consultant in developing of patient and staff education.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep current with the latest trends in health care.
- Attends appropriate professional development conferences
- Performs various duties in conjunction with the Medical Director and the PM&R Administrators related to the overall planning and administration of the department.
- Makes programmatic as well as administrative recommendations in accordance with departmental goals and objectives in response to physician and staff concerns. Administers, prepares and oversees various departmental reports, documents, payroll records (for non physician staff) and statistical surveys.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Monitors and recommends changes as appropriate, to ensure adherence.
- Ensures collection of patients and referral source satisfaction.
- Identifies issues and implements plans for improvement.
- Ensures timely billing and coding processes to ensure appropriate reimbursement, providing regular feed back to the Medical Director and physicians.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans.
- Responsible for Tracking and recording Staff Payroll, Resident/Fellow and OnCall Payroll
- Monitors the effectiveness and quality of departmental activity through clinical and clerical Q/A reports, audits, logs, observation and surveys and addresses potential problems through the appropriate mechanism.
- Ensures compliance with all policies and regulatory requirements in order to satisfy the standards of The Joint Commission, CARF, NJSDOH. Develops processes and systems to ensure service excellence and patient satisfaction.
- Maintains and builds relationships with referral sources anticipating and meeting stakeholder needs.
- Monitors patient and staff schedules to ensure adequate staffing and efficient patient flow within the department.
- Assists in facilitating resolution of patient/family conflicts through sensitive, timely response to problems arising within the department.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Works with Medical Director and physicians to ensure that documentation meets all regulatory and payer requirements as well as accurately reflects services rendered.
- In conjunction with Medical Director, supervises and coordinates the operational activities of the PM&R Physician Offices to ensure quality patient care and an efficiently running department. Supervises and directs the clerical activities within the framework of organizational policies and objectives, including the recommendation for employment, performance evaluations as well as maintenance of proper work standards for the department.
- Recommends, develops and implements departmental policies and procedures in order to attain departmental goals and objectives.
- Recommends, supervises, implements and monitors computer systems in order to ensure accurate information throughout the revenue cycle.
- Develops efficient processes of office flow, oversees patient intake, registration, patient flow, co-pay collection and scheduling. Provides supervision and direction to administrative and clinical support staff.
- Develops work schedules in accordance with patient volumes.
- Orients, trains and evaluates staff taking appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Provides opportunities for staff development and training both on-site or off-site while utilizing resources effectively.
- Assist the Medical Director and PM&R administrators with special departmental projects such as but not limited to facility renovations, organizational restructuring and strategic planning. Develops and implements an annual PI plan to ensure adherence/compliance with CARF, The Joint Commission, internal policies and procedures for safety, security and best practices.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures for the department of PM&R.
- Reviews annually for continued efficacy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Participates in departmental staff meetings.
- Collaborates with the Medical Director and PM&R Administrators on staff evaluations.
- Conducts medical secretarial staff meetings monthly or as needed, oversees preparation and distribution of minutes.
- Composes Weekend Call Schedule for Attending Physicians and Consult call Schedule for PM&R under the direction of the Medical Director.
- Distributes and collects Time studies for all Department Physicians.
- Demonstrates a strong business sense and shows the capability of working with patients.
- Supervises inventory control in the various roles of the department through ongoing communication with personnel assigned to provide this service.
- Delegates appropriate responsibilities to designated and appropriate staff.
- In collaboration with the PM&R Administrators, finance/business office, supervises the financial aspects of the departmental accounting systems to insure compliance with all organizational, state, and federal rules and regulations. In conjunction with the Medical Director and PM&R administrators prepares and oversees departmental budgets.
- Two years of experience in Management of a multi-physician practice (academic practice preferred), demonstrated leadership, strong interpersonal skills; and knowledge/experience in physician billing and coding.
- Outpatient Ambulatory office management experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree required (preferred in business administration) and MHA/MBA preferred or related experience.
- Strong computer skills, experience with EMR and practice management software.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.