Postdoctoral Fellow, Neuroscience
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A postdoctoral research scientist with expertise in Neurosciences to assist our Neuroscience Faculty with their research efforts.
A day in the life of a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Neuroscience at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Analysis and collecting data as well as organizing data in a useful format for publications. Responsible for publishing the study results and findings in peer-reviewed journals and for presentation at scientific meetings. Maintain research files and ensure participant confidentiality
- Responsible for the daily operations of the neurocognitive lab, which includes patient testing, quality control, equipment maintenance, and supply procurement. Responsible for establishing research paradigms and designs for all proposed research interests. Responsible for all related grant writing to support the funding of the Neurocognitive lab. Facilitate research collaboration with academicians inside and external to the Neuroscience Institute. Demonstrated experience with the Neuroscan 4.1 system.
- Isolation of DNA from blood samples of brain tissues from a research and control patient population. Application of PCR techniques to identify specific variants (SNP's) in a DNA sequence or genome. Generation of comprehensive research databases to include all collected data to differentiate between diseases versus health participants. Creation and development of a database of DNA samples that includes phenotype and genetic data. Use tools of bioinformatics to locate the sequence variants (SNP) related to complex disease such as stroke. To participate in ongoing continuing education programs and activities and to share acquired information with research faculty.
- Mentor research students and research assistants as directed by the Laboratory Director. Participate in ongoing continuing education programs and activities and share acquired information with research faculty.
- Order supplies and materials for the lab and to maintain critical PAR levels. Comply with all OSHA Chemical & BioHazzard Standards.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited PhD or MBBS Program.
- Prior training in Neurosciences or a related discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.