Post Doc Fellow
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Provides in-patient and out-patient neuropsychological evaluations and treatment under supervision, participates in continuing education and research activities.
A day in the life of a Post Doc Fellow at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Demonstrates proficiency with appropriate range of neuropsychological assessment procedures; evaluates participants in accordance with departmental policies and procedures; ensures accuracy of administration, scoring and interpretation; interprets findings according to accepted principles' selects appropriate tests; formulates diagnostic and prognostic impressions supported by findings; exhibits knowledge of relevant diagnoses; formulates treatment recommendations based on relevant findings; provides effective clinical feedback.
- Develops treatment plans with appropriate objectives and methods; effectively implements, monitors and revises treatment objectives and methods; provides direct clinical interventions (individual and group) as appropriate; synthesizes multidisciplinary findings and provides effective direction to therapists; formulates and monitors cross-discipline goals and treatment methods; demonstrates knowledge of evidence-based interventions and their clinical application
- Maintains accurate records and documentation; submits accurate and timely billing statements and records; manages priorities effectively; participates in Performance Improvement, Utilization Review and other professional activities in accordance with goals of the department; fulfills academic requirements of position; obtains appropriate credentials and permits to practice and fulfill licensing requirements.
- Provides effective consultation to clinical staff based on assessment results and interpretations; provides effective consultation to referring physicians and other professionals involved in patient's care; provides effective consultation and education to patient family members and significant others
- Communicates effectively with professionals through verbal and written reports; effectively communicates evaluation findings and recommendations to patients and families; provides written evaluation and treatment reports within acceptable time frames.
- Conducts single-subject intervention and presents in accordance with acceptable presentation/ publication standards; participates in other research as appropriate to professional growth and development
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited PhD or PsyD program in the field of Psychology.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology with didactic training and internship in an area relevant to Neuropsychology.
- Proficient in neuropsychological assessment procedures
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.