Physical Therapist - Weekend Rehab - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, this position is responsible for physical therapy evaluation, treatment planning, treatment implementation, documentation and patient/family education. The incumbent also performs other professional duties and participates in department/facility initiatives as assigned.
A day in the life of a Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Prepares for the evaluation in accordance with department policies/procedures and standards of practice, including obtaining patient history, exhibiting knowledge of patient diagnoses and researching unfamiliar diagnoses.
- Selects and administers tests and measures. Additionally, synthesizes evaluation results to formulate the diagnosis, goals, prognosis and plan of care.
- Establishes treatment plan based on evaluation results, goals and best practice. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team, patients and patient¿s support system.
- Assesses and reassesses need for modifications to plan of care and goals. Identifies need for consultation and/or refers the patient to other health care professional or health care services.
- Initiates and completes discharge plan. Provides education/training to patient and/or patient¿s support system.
- Provides functional Training: This may include but is not limited to gait training and/or locomotion training; therapeutic activities (e.g. bed mobility, transfers); community reintegration, ADLs/IADLS; work injury management; equipment prescription.
- Provides Musculoskeletal Interventions: This may include but is not limited to, therapeutic exercise; manual therapy; joint mobilizations;
- Provides Neurological interventions may include but are not limited to, handling techniques; neuro-developmental training; neuromuscular re-education; cognitive rehab; behavioral management; spasticity management; vestibular therapy.
- May provide additional assessments but is not limited to cardiac rehab, medical monitoring and splinting.
- Collects and records patient care data that follows format and guidelines of the patient care service, regulatory agencies and third-party payers which reflects an understanding of reimbursement systems and their impact on patient care. This includes, but is not limited to, examination, evaluation, daily notes, reassessments/progress reports, discharge plans and communication with members of the team.
- Additionally records daily billing and follows department guidelines for productivity.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH¿s Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hours a day
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an APTA accredited Physical Therapy education program or equivalent.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience preferred, entry level acceptable, brain injury experience a plus
- Computer skills and knowledge of applications such as word, excel, powerpoint preferred
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Physical Therapist License
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.