Patient Care Technician, Stroke
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Patient Care Technician at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- The Patient Care Technician works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Assists the Professional Nursing Staff with a variety of direct and indirect patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
- The individual must possess knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures and demonstrate competency in following pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position.
- Must possess the ability to render care and treatment for all age patients – Infants through Geriatrics.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant program, Patient Care Technician program, completion of Fundamentals of Nursing program from an accredited school of nursing or enrolled upon hire in the PCT Apprenticeship Program
- The PCT Apprenticeship Program is structured around a combination of classroom training and preceptorship on a unit. It is designed to train eager and compassionate candidates who are interested in a career in the nursing field. Following successful completion of this program, candidates will advance from a PCT Apprentice to a Patient Care Technician.
- American Heart Association, Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification (BLS) required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.