Paramedic (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Day in the life of a Paramedic at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Performs assessments and utilizes critical thinking to identify a patient's condition and determine a course of treatment.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedure.
- Operate equipment in advanced life support environment.
- Transfers patient to the ED giving complete report to receiving facility.
- Responsible for routine troubleshooting, maintenance and cleaning of EMS equipment, vehicles and station facilities.
- Performs within the guidelines/regulations established by the NJ State Office of Emergency Medical Services. Competent in all approved ALS skills.
- Documents all data and findings in a consistent, comprehensive, and legible manner in accordance with departmental policy and requirements.
- Participates in the identification, data collection and appropriate resolution of problem area that may involve patients, BLS resources and unit staff.
- Lifts a minimum of 100 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 100 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- New Jersey State Certified paramedic or equivalent out of state paramedic training with reciprocity; or New Jersey approved Mobile Intensive Care Nurse
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Mobile Intensive Care Nurse Certification or Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic Certification.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification or AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification.
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.