Outpatient Medical Coder Certified
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1“Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of a Outpatient Medical Coder Certified at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Abstracting, coding, and interpreting outpatient services for professional and or facility billing.
- This position uses coding knowledge to abstract and record data from medical records and provides support to areas related to documentation and coding.
- Maintains compliance with both external regulatory and accreditation requirements, and with State and Federal regulations.
- Utilizes the physician query process to obtain/validate missing information and/or discrepancies for clarification of documentation for accurate code assignment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- PC literate and skill in operating PC utilizing a variety of software applications.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of 1 year Coding experience in acute care setting.
- Knowledge of coding/abstracting software.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Coding Specialist.
- Certified Professional Coder.
- Certified Coding Specialist, Physician-based.
- Certified Coding Associate.
- Certified Professional Coder, Outpatient Hospital.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.