OR Service Coordinator - Operating Room - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of an OR Service Coordinator in the Operating Room at Hackensack Meridian includes
- Responsible for all aspects of patient care from pre-procedure through post-procedure phase.
- Act as a Preceptor, as assigned, for new staff members.
- Review and monitor daily environmental surveillance such as temperature and humidity, gluteraldehyde monitoring, medical waste disposal, sterilization logs and other duties as assigned.
- Establishe, implement and maintain an inventory control system for supplies in assigned area in coordination with manager and physicians.
- Provide quality patient care as outlined in Perioperative Standards of Care and the Department's policy and Procedures
- Maintains a safe environment by strict adherence to established safety principles and practice.
- Leads team in room turnover procedures following established protocols for cleaning of room and equipment in established time frame to ensure quick and efficient utilization of areas.
- Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members.
- Involved in the development and/or management of budget for assigned areas.
- Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested.
- Responsible for Administrative Call on a rotating basis.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Valid and Current NJ RN License
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Bachelors in Science of Nursing required within 3 years of hire
- MSN with nursing informatics preferred
- American Heart Association, Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification (BLS) required
- Minimum of 5 years OR experience and teaching experience in a classroom or clinical setting; 3-5 years OR experience
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team; Scrub and Circulator skills; Excellent communication, facilitation and delegation skills
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.