Nursing Performance Improvement Advisor - Nursing Administration - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The NSG Performance Improvement Advisor acts in conjunction with the Chief Nursing Officer, Magnet Program Director and Regulatory Compliance. As a liaison to the manager and staff of the units assigned, this position coordinates, implements and integrates the Department of Nursing’s Performance Improvement Plan in addition to ensuring JCAHO & Regulatory Compliance at the unit level.
- Responsibility for the development, deployment, coordination and evaluation of the clinical unit specific scorecard.
- Assists in the collection, input, analysis and posting of unit specific data to assigned areas.
- Demonstrates use of appropriate methodologies and relevant tools to opportunities to evidence rapid cycle improvement (i.e. PDSA, FMEA, reliability science, bundle science, process flows).
- Utilizes appropriate analytical tools and statistical process control to evaluate results.
- Ensures effective analysis of performance data with comparison over time and comparisons to internal and external benchmarks to identify improvement opportunities.
- Ensures trend analysis is performed and appropriate response to unfavorable trends are developed and deployed.
- Development of workable action plans based on analysis of data results.
- Educates staff in regards to above performance improvement theories and tools to staff & managers.
- Teaches the concept of improvement-Model for Improvement, Accelerating Improvement, Measurement for Improvement, Local Spread, Large-Scale Spread and Sustaining Improvement.
- Organizes and facilitates regularly scheduled training sessions with the managers, team leaders and staff as needed to educated and implement quality improvement principles and goals as a strategy.
- Coordinates and mentors staff in quality projects, coordinates and assists the PI work of the unit councils.
- Assist in collaborative work regarding IHI projects that include rapid cycle implementation and spread of project.
- Communication and education of compliance of Joint Commission and Regulatory standards, assistance with Joint Commission readiness.
- Ensure plans and designs are consistent with internal and external expectations for accreditation, regulatory compliance and public reporting.
- Aligns performance improvement to the Magnet philosophy.
- Supports Patient Safety through active participation in the identification of actual or potential patient safety issues.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional facilitations to maintain and extend expertise.
- Create power point presentations for management meetings and education for Nurse Managers.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s Organizational Competencies.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Health Care/ Public Administration required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Administration or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience in an acute care hospital
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Work related experience in conducting PI projects
- Experience in creating strategies for improving nurse sensitive indicator on units
- Experience in conducting audits, and analysis of KPIs to move them higher
- Must be able to create and give PPT presentations
- Must have a high level of computer skills and be able to use Word, Excel, PI tools, other computer applications and software
- Experience in statistics or Research preferred
- Understanding of Joint Commission and Regulatory Standards preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.