Mri Technologist ( Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The MRI Technologist is responsible for performing MRI examinations and for all aspects of MRI safety. The technologist will have a good knowledge of cross sectional anatomy and familiar with MRI systems, physics, and common protocols.
A day in the life of an MRI Technologist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Directing patient care of In, Out, and Emergency Room patients in the performance of both routine and complex MRI examinations, including but not limited to both contrast and non-contrast exams, MRA, MRV, MRCP, MR Arthrogram, MR Spectroscopy, MR Enterography, and Cardiac MRI
- Ensuring the proper exam that was ordered fits the departmental protocols
- Accurately documenting all aspects of care provided is essential
- Using various computer systems in the hospital including but not limited to PACS, RIS, and patient transport
- Communicating with the Radiologist as needed depending on the situations and protocols
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Radiology
- NJDEP license and American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required
- Two (2) or more years of professional MRI experience in a hospital setting is preferred
- MRI Certification is preferred or must be obtained within six (6) months of hire
- BLS/CPR Certification by American Heart Association is required or must be obtained within 3 months of hire
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.