Messaging Infra Engineer III
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The Messaging Infrastructure Engineer III maintains the organization's messaging infrastructure, which may include hardware, software, servers, storage solutions etc. Handles complex messaging issues and problems and escalates more complex issues to higher-level vendor support and other resources as required.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1“Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of a Messaging Infra Engineer III at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Maintains the organization's Google and Microsoft messaging infrastructure.
- Configures, installs, maintains, and provides support for critical software and hardware components.
- Monitors system availability and troubleshoots and resolves connectivity interruptions.
- Measures and improves performance and scalability.
- Acts as level III support resource for messaging issues.
- Core administration/escalation support for messaging services, focused mainly on Gmail and Microsoft exchange (exchange phasing out).
- Working with other engineers and Operations staff to test, implement and transition new services, or upgrades to existing core email security services, focused on Gmail, Exchange and Zix.
- Incident and problem management, ongoing operational excellence of environments, infrastructure consolidation/expansion, and release/patch management, including developing/carrying out production support procedures including business continuity and disaster recovery procedures.
- Proactively anticipates service issues before they occur and able to make recommendations around resolution.
- Taking part in projects as a subject matter expert or as a representative of the Server Engineering team leadership as needed.
- Produces documentation for systems and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new trends.
- Must be willing to participate in on-call rotation.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Information Technology/Math/Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 6 or more years of experience in an Information Technology department in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Experience with Internet gateways and message filtering and system hygiene.
- Experience with providing support for Gmail and related google environment tools (GCDS etc).
- Experience with providing support for Exchange Online email environments.
- Experience with providing support for email security/hygiene-related issues.
- Understanding and experience with complex on prem and cloud-based email environments.
- Understanding and experience with internet email protocols and email routing concepts.
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with group management products in Google and Microsoft environments.
- User account management and troubleshooting.
- Mobile device support in a Gmail environment.
- Experience with email encryption and Advanced Malware Protection (AMP).
- Experience with Exchange Online (Microsoft 365).
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 or above in large enterprises.
- Detailed understanding of email authentication and authentication mechanisms such as DMARC, DKIM and SPF.
- Experience with Outlook Client and OWA.
- Knowledge of Gmail and google suite tools.
- Knowledge of exchange (on prem and M365).
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy.
- Knowledge of network principles, protocols & Technologies.
- Ability to multitask and strong analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong organization skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Windows and Exchange PowerShell scripting skills.
- Zix and/or Proofpoint knowledge.
- Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM).
- Merger and Acquisition - messaging systems.
- Exchange decommissioning.
- SMTP Relay support with F5.
- CloudM Migration Tools.
- Office 365 Administration and Decommissioning.
- Azure AD, ADFS (SSO).
- Identity management.
- Supporting users across multiple AD domains.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.