Medical Staff Secretary- FT- Day
Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more including a Generous sign on bonus!!!
The Medical Staff Secretary works closely with and provides administrative support to a diverse clinical team including: physicians, physician assistant (s), nurse practitioner(s), registered nurse(s), and clinical trials coordinator. The Medical Staff Secretary reports to the Practice Manager. The position requires an experienced, polished and well-spoken professional who will perform a variety of administrative tasks with accuracy and timeliness. Responsible to maintain outstanding customer service to patients, referral physicians, business partners and vendors. Supports the philosophy and objectives of the NJ Neuroscience Institute, as well as JFK Medical Center.
- Schedule patient appointments; Fax/mail medical reports to referring physicians, when necessary. Obtain precertification for procedures/testing, if needed; track and distribute faxes to and from referring physicians. Scan appropriate documents/reports into EMR. Research and resolve patient inquiries. Handle correspondences (email, phone calls, etc.); utilize EMR to send alerts/flags to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain physician Outlook calendar. Schedule and coordinate logistics for various departmental meetings, prepare agendas, transcribe/maintain/distribute meeting minutes. Schedule and coordinate interviews, as needed. Maintain referral physician report turnaround document. Prepare and distribute monthly physician/resident on-call calendar. With the help of clinical team, complete patient forms and letters. Screen/prioritize/distribute incoming mail for supported physicians. Distribute/fax/scan reports, forms and other documentation as needed.
- Process the following for supported team: payment requisitions, travel authorization forms, time-off requests, dues/licensing required documentation, expense reports/reimbursements, and meeting/conference documentation.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a healthcare environment, preferably as a medical secretary/ administrative assistant, or have demonstrated experience supporting executive personnel.
- MS Office proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Knowledge of PCN, Clinstar and GE Centricity (Logician) EMR software programs helpful.
- H.S. Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.