How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Day in the life of a Medical Assisistant at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Greets and escorts patients to the exam room adhering to all patient safety and HIPAA regulations. Performs age and departmental appropriate vital signs as it relates to the patient (height, weight, temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, pain assesment, head circumference, etc). Informs the physician of any abnormal findings for further action. Performs all testing as directed by the physician and/or RN. The list of test which is not all inclusive include EKG's, PFT's, Venipunctures and other specimen collections, Audiometry. NST's, PT/INR. glucose, visual screenings, Fit Testing, etc.
- Facilitate registration of patients for both outpatient and satellite Emergency Dept. Vital signs, phlebotomy, PCT duties, spliting, phone calls and transfers.
- Interviews patients to accurately collect required demographic, medical and billing data for registration. Assembles patient charts including: registration forms, prescriptions, proof of insurance, identification, advance directives, and all applicable consents. Scans all registration documents as specified in department guidelines to ensure timely coding and billing. Collects, enters, and updates all insurance information utilizing eligibility system/applications to ensure timely billing and accurate reimbursement.
- Accurately document in the patient record and appropriate forms using all approved terminology. Completes all regulatory requirements including date, time, allergies, specimen temperatures, chain of custody. and other mandated fields as appropriate.
- Performs assigned tasks such as alarm checks, data entry, calibration of machines, transmitting EKG's, drug assistance forms, etc as directed. Assists with faxing and in the maintenance of all routine office equipment
- Organizes exam rooms and appropriately cleans after each patient. Restocks all supplies and notifies the appropriate individuals of shortages or missing items including specific patient care items such as gowns, lab supplies, etc.
- One year medical office/ambulatory care experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate of a medical assistant program or other relevant training program (i.e. EMT, phlebotomy, PCT, Fundamentals of Nursing I) required. Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification - BLS
- Demonstrates keen ability to multitask between effective communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team centered approach to patient care. Basic computer skills required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.