Medical Assistant- (Physician Practices) North, Central, South
Hackensack Meridian Health
is looking for
Talented Medical Assistants for our Physician Practices!
The Medical Assistant will provide clinical care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice.
Types of general practices include: Primary Care, Internal Medicine, and Family Practice
Specialties include: OBGYN, Pediatrics, Surgical, Oncology, Urology, Urgent Care, Vascular, and many more!
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Medical Assistant provides clinical care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice. Serves as a liaison between the patients and provider. Performs Medical Receptionist and other clerical duties as requested.
A day in the life of a Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
- Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; urine specimens; provides patient instructions per physician’s order; conducts authorized in-office tests
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice procedure, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider
- Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment
- Performs Medical Receptionist and other clerical duties as requested
- High school diploma or GED required
- Medical Assistant or similar diploma
- Prefers some knowledge of medical terminology and clinical competencies
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.