Materials Distribution Tech
Provide quality service, supplies and equipment by controlling, storing and distributing the correct supplies and equipment, with timely issues, in the right quantity and in a quality condition. Answer calls, fill orders, restock supplies, prepare special carts, charge supplies and maintain daily records. Responsible for maintaining special assigned areas including the Omnicells. Responsible for reviewing par levels and performing inventory counts and transferring inventory. Rotating assignments, flexible adjustments in schedules and team support required.
1. Pick, Pack and Restock Omnicells. Removes excess supplies stored, correct bin and reconcile stock returned. Clean, rotate stock by checking for expiration dates and package integrity. Cycle Count to verify adherence to par levels. If needed generate replenishment report, pick needed supplies and deliver to the assigned Omnicell. Maintain Omnicells button bars, labels, clips, bins and dividers. Reports special repairs issues immediately to supervision.
2. Restocks Code Carts by adhering to the Quality Pick List, adhering to required organization of the Code Cart and completion in an acceptable time. Follow the month list to retrieve code carts to replenish and replace products nearing expiration dates. Replenish special carts and sets with the use of a pick list.
3. Release and fill orders (Pick Tickets) as needed for supplies in HEMM, Horizon Clinical and Omnicell. Reconcile patient matching in Omnicell. Advise Inventory Controller or Purchasing, of stock-outs and critical low inventory; communication via phone or email essential. Participates in department's preparation and year end inventory. Check expiration dates and package integrity upon issue of all supplies. Entry of inventory issues, department charges and returns into the HEMM System. Enter, cancel or verify Horizon Clinical Patient charge issues. Files door issue log, trays and special carts paperwork timely and correctly. Communicate inventory and safety issues at daily huddle.
4. Ensure product is stocked in correct location, adhering to bin location. Stock shelves in clean bins or stock areas, rotates stock and check package integrity for cleanliness, damage and expiration dates. Receive and deliver to department.Log in acceptable reprocessed equipment and bag for issue to the nursing units. Plug in battery powered equipment and contact Biomedical Dept for broken or equipment with questionable status. Search floors looking for equipment not being used, when necessary. Record proper information in the equipment tracking books and assist in maintaining the refrigerator temperature and humidity logs.
5. Other duties and/or projects as assigned. 6. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. + High School Graduate
2. Minimum 1 Year hospital, warehouse or retail store experience.
3. Commitment to learning and quality improvement processes. Good communication skills verbal and written, reading and math ability required. Able to respond to STAT request by moving quickly.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum 1 Year Customer Service skills.
2. Central Service / Distribution knowledge and basic computer skills.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.