Manager Risk Management
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Manager, Risk Management provides basic and complex preventive risk management assessment of processes, procedures, and programs, including in-service education, consultation, liaison activities, and on-call emergency assistance to facility and providers. Formulates and recommends safety policies, practices and procedures. Initiate, coordinate, and manages all investigational and evaluation activities associated with professional and general liability occurrences and claim pre-litigation files and claim pre-litigation files.
This position will be located at Southern Ocean Medical Center in Manahawkin, NJ.
A day in the life of a Manager, Risk Management at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provide prompt notification to the network office upon receipt of claim or lawsuit. Assist network Litigation Management leadership and external counsel in defense of the claims as instructed.
- Collaborated with site Patient Safety Quality and Patient Experience leadership to respond to patient grievances. Uses decision making ability to analyze and recommend disposition strategies. Oversee and direct occurrence reporting process for site.
- Ensures timely data entry of reports received. Completes necessary trend analysis of occurrence reports. Collects data for risk exposures and provides feedback to the involved departments.
- Ensure identified risk management strategies are undertaken by affected areas.
- Direct Social Work/Case Management department on Guardianship application procedures, ensure timely and comprehensive completion of application, and obtain authorization to proceed with Guardianship through network Risk Management offices.
- Work with outside counsel to obtain necessary documentation and resolution.
- Provide on-call assistance for emergent/urgent risk management issues to all Team Members and Medical/Dental Staff. Investigates, evaluates and documents occurrences and claims as appropriate.
- Responds to site Team Members and Medical/Dental staff on risk related issues and offers risk management guidance to resolve or manage situation. Provide in-service education on risk management topics, both standard basic education and complex focused topics as needed and/or requested by team members, hospital leadership; medical and dental staff; or system leadership. Provide Risk Management reports to stakeholder groups as necessary such as administration, leadership, etc.
- Provide timely monthly reports to Sr. VP & Chief Risk Officer of activities at site.
- Create and implement new programs to foster a culture of safety and safe environment for patients, visitors, Team Members and customers of the facility. Provide statistical analysis for review by appropriate committees as requested.
- Lead or co-lead the facility Environment of Care (EOC) Committees; Emergency Preparedness Committee and other committees as requested. Ensure data flows through committees. Participates in RCA/ACA/PI teams are monitored and reviewed regularly.
- Participate as an active representative on the system Safety Event Classification group; Patient Safety Committee; Safety Council and other committees as assigned.
- Represent the Corporate Risk Management Department on various site facility and entity committees as required.
- Create and implement new programs or process improvements to foster a culture of safety and safe environment for Team Members and Visitors by serving as Chair or Co-Chair of site Safety Committee and serving as Safety Officer.
- Investigate Team Member events as requested by SVP & Chief Risk Officer or Occupational Health.
- Provide data and statistical analysis for review by appropriate leadership, committees or departments as requested.
- Provides risk management services to HMH affiliated companies (i.e Physician Practices, Post-Acute Care organizations) as directed by Sup & Chief Risk Officer.
- Assist Manager, Insurance with data gathering and insurance renewals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related health field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in progressively responsible experience in the healthcare industry with preference in healthcare risk management, patient safety quality improvement or nursing.
- Strong understanding of :
- Process Review, Root Cause Analysis, Department of Health and Joint Commission requirement, Emergency Management, Regulatory Compliance.
- Master’s degree in Business Management or related health field is preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.