Manager, Communications Nursing
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
The Manager of Communications is responsible for managing the communication and content strategies for Hackensack Meridian Health’s nursing division across the network. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. The position reports to both the Chief Nursing Executive and the Vice President of Corporate Communications.
A day in the life of a Manager Communications Nursing at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Ensure that all written communication and speaking points align with Hackensack Meridian Health’s strategic direction and messaging.
- Develop and maintain a unified point of view for communication to targeted audiences, i.e. nurses, in alignment with Hackensack Meridian Health’s strategy and priorities.
- Manage the editorial process for Hackensack Meridian Health’s group supported,
- Develop and manage communication strategies to support Hackensack Meridian Health nursing initiatives.
- Coordinate communications around Hackensack Meridian’s collaboration with managed care products.
- Identify interesting nursing stories that speak directly to our prospective and current customers as well as other key constituents.
- Develop comprehensive communication plans that include creative and compelling written and visual communications for a variety of audiences and channels.
- Help develop complementary visuals and videos for external and internal speeches.
- Collaborate with graphic designers to ensure brand-compliant projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain robust relationships with nursing leaders to assist with strategic communication strategies.
- Engage in meaningful interviews and dialogue with nurses, physicians and team members.
- Craft effective, creative and engaging copy with powerful headlines and strong calls to action.
- Evaluate messaging content and target audiences, and recommends appropriate delivery channels.
- Collect data on the performance of specific communications or campaigns. Develop analytics and metrics to track the effectiveness of internal communications to make the process more effective and efficient.
- Project management of cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Attend various departmental/network-wide events requiring executive editorial support, as needed.
- Work closely with the marketing, public relations, internal communications and digital teams.
- Support the vice president of Communications and Chief Nursing Executive with ad hoc projects as needed.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field.
- Minimum of seven years of professional communication experience. Must provide samples of various forms and styles of copy.
- Motivated, resourceful professional capable of independent function in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in proofreading and grammar.
- Effective organizational skills to navigate through a matrix reporting relationship as well as handle multiple projects, build strong interactive relationships and drive team morale
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to write strong headlines and compelling copy.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of digital/social platforms and how to prepare, post and position copy for appropriate audiences.
- Comfortable in an exciting, high-growth environment with shifting priorities.
- Positive and proactive attitude; ability to maintain high level of professionalism in a corporate environment.
- Deadline-oriented and flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency with calm and confident demeanor.
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including donors, board members, physicians, colleagues, and vendor partners to establish productive, ongoing relationships.
- Strong interest and willingness to try new things, to push creatively, and to find creative solutions for ordinary problems.
- Flexible schedule to allow for extended hours as needed for night and weekend events.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Prior experience in a hospital or nonprofit setting.
- Master’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism or English preferred.
- Management experience.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.