IT Cloud Engineer IV
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
The Information Technology (IT) Cloud Engineer IV is responsible for leading the creation of a cloud platform technology framework and providing technical architecture and design leadership in support of IT initiatives in cloud computing and automation across the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network. Also responsible for ensuring that critical cloud applications are designed and optimized for reliability, high availability and disaster recovery. Performs a range of activities required to design, implement, maintain and continuously automate a large, complex cloud-based computing environment. Provides technical guidance to team members and, when called upon, serves as a technical liaison between internal departments. Involves utilizing best practices for management, architecture, configuration, DR, administration, and automation of the enterprise server virtualization environment with cloud technologies. These activities will drive the creation of new infrastructure and environments, which will be critical to HMH growth and adoption of broad cloud/automation goals.
This is a remote position with an onsite requirement of 4 times per year.
Candidates need to have Google Cloud Platform(GCP) experience.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.).
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in IT systems installation, operations, design, and architecture of virtualized servers / cloud systems.
- Must have good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills for regular interaction between various teams distributed across HMH.
- Good technical leadership skills and relevant experience working with other highly technical resources through adopting new technologies while also maintaining highly available, mission critical systems.
- Possess deep technical knowledge and extensive experience with complex IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations; as well as have a solid understanding of cloud services, cloud native architectures and application delivery models.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing to business and technology leaders, architects, developers, and team members.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing, technical individuals.
- Hands on experience with agile, devops and continuous integration / continuous delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to support cloud architecture recommendations and decisions with research and reasoning.
- Hands-on experience with: Terraform, Github, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability.
- Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process and mature security controls posture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability) and DevOps tool chains and processes.
- Demonstrated history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience working in a health care or highly regulated environment.
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and client/server systems.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in IT systems installation, operations, design, and architecture of virtualized servers / cloud systems.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of container and microservices technologies and related architectures, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka.
- Passionate about new technologies and architecture.
- Keeps current with cloud platform and infrastructure space trends, while always searching for ways to improve systems as technology evolves, with a steady eye towards extensive regulatory/compliance demands (e.g. Center for Internet Security [CIS], National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST], etc).
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification at hire or within 12 months of hire.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Google Cloud Platform Certified Professional Cloud Architect, and
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.