Human Resources Manager
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Manager, Human Resources, Field Op serves as an HR partner for the non-acute or network division leadership teams statewide. This role will address day-to-day HR business issues / problems and serves as the contact and consultant for all leaders and non-leaders within the business units it supports. The Mgr, Human Resources, Field Op supports assigned clients with all HR services, programs and initiatives within the assigned business unit, including employee and labor relations, performance management, leader development, engagement, compensation, benefits, wellness, talent acquisition, workforce planning, etc. The Mgr, Human Resources, Field Op is responsible for consulting with the business and COE’s to develop effective solutions for addressing business concerns, workplace issues and corrective actions in accordance with HR policy and applicable laws. This role performs required tasks and initiatives, following the guidelines and procedures established, maintaining appropriate documentation and records, and delivering service in a professional and
efficient manner with prompt assistance to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and an overall positive team member experience. Responsible for directly managing the HR support team in assigned division and for ensuring communication with the Director of HR and COEs regarding HR priorities and issues requiring attention/support.
This position supports the Physician Enterprise/Medical Groups covering over 350 medical practices across the state and both the network function for Quality and Population Health. Successful candidates will have experience working with remote/off-site clients and be able/interested in traveling the state for onsite meetings and consultations. Ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and a record of data-driven decision making.
A day in the life of a Manager, Human Resources, LTC at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Drive all HR programs and initiatives within assigned business units in employee and labor relations,
organization development, talent management, performance management, leader development,
engagement, benefits, wellness, talent acquisition, HRIS transactions, workforce planning and
compensation. Includes consultation, training, and administrative follow-up, as necessary.
- Lead and execute network HR initiatives and strategies to drive and support TM as well as business
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and regulatory requirements for assigned business units. Educate
and advise business leaders to help them understand impact and to help them make sound decisions.
- Participate and promote positive labor relations initiatives within non-union populations. For business
unit with unionized populations, in collaboration with COE, participate and manage labor relations
initiatives including labor management meetings, grievances, RFIs, training, etc.
Consult with leaders with recruitment and onboarding needs. Troubleshoot and develop
strategies as needed.
- Partner with HR Director and COE teams to identify and deploy HR interventions to meet
business requirements within unique non-hospital groups.
- Partner closely with local leadership and HR Director to refine organizational structure,
operations and culture within unique non-hospital groups/
- Offer objective and balanced advice to leaders on employee relations and policy guidance.
- Ensure appropriate escalation to and engagement with Regional TMLR Manager as
appropriate per operating guidelines.
- Partner with COEs to deploy HR programs (performance assessment & review, succession
planning, and development planning) ensuring the Director of HR is involved in the final
- Drive action planning and any climate surveys and report results/plan actions with the
- Deliver HR training for initiatives in a way that provides clarity around integration and business
- Work with local business executives and HR COEs to develop or modify strategies and
programs to most effectively meet local business needs and culture; Identify and share root
causes of HR issues with relevant HR COEs to help shape HR programs.
- Revise and localize job descriptions and compensation with Talent Acquisition and
- Uphold all compliance standards, including any audits needed from Joint Commission,
Department of Labor, HR policies, CBAs, etc.
- Drive leadership and culture initiatives including annual Trust Index survey and survey action
- Participate and present at site Leadership meetings and huddles.
- Develop presentations and prepare metrics in support of site businesses.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources Management or Business.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant Human Resources experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in at least two functions of HR- compensation, benefits,
talent management, employee relations, performance management.
- Experience with all facets of Human Resources, including knowledge of employee relations,
talent management, benefit and compensation administration, and legal compliance
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations governing employment
- Effective leadership, team building, and change management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Success Factors, and iCIMS.
- Management experience.
- Required Certification/Licensing:
Preferred Certification/Licensing Preferred:
- HR certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.