How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Histotechnician at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
- Cuts tissue into ribbon sections using the microtome in a timely manner.
- Mounts tissue sections and prepares slides for microscopic examination.
- Prepares and stains slides according to established procedures for histochemical stains and immunohistochemical stains as requested.
- Fixes selected specimens as approved by pathologist
- Reports to supervisor promptly when supplies are needed.
- Accepts surgical specimens according to established procedures.
- Performs all system functions necessary to achieve the timely reporting of results.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Graduate of a CAAHEP accredited histotechnology program or Associate’s degree with emphasis in biology and chemistry within 1 year of hire.
- 3 years experience.
- ASCP eligible (HQ0502).
- HT certification eligible (HQ0502).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.