Food Service Worker
Performs a variety of food service functions. Retrieves post meal trays from patient rooms. Cleans and sanitizes many areas of the kitchen: patient tray items, pots/ pans and the physical environment. Replenishes supplies through out the kitchen and cafeteria.
1. Completes temperature logs and eye wash logs. Operates dishmachine properly cleaning and sanitizing patient trays, plates, utensils, etc. Washes and sanitizes pots and pans properly in three compartment sink. Performs general cleaning and sanitizing functions: mops floors, cleans equipment, disposes of trash, etc.
2. Collects trays after patients have eaten on assigned units being mindful of courtesy, and patient privacy. Checks with the patient before taking the tray. Follows infection control procedures in patient areas: handwashing; glove use; isolation precautions. Delivers patient trays as assigned using proper identification procedures. Delivers food trucks to hosts in a timely manner.
3. Serves food to customers / patients in the cafeteria, catering or on trayline. Practices safe food handling: washing hands and work surfaces; holding food at appropriate temperatures. Presents themselves to customers and patients in a clean, professional manner according to dress code.
4. Stores receivables in proper locations. Avoids exposing potentially hazardous foods to ambient temperatures. Restocks supplies in the kitchen and cafeteria: juice, milk, coffee, paper supplies, etc
5. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
6. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Entry level
2. Ability to read and write; ability to use laptops and mobile devices
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. High School/G.E.D preferred or equivalent work experience
2. Experience preferred
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.