Food Service Host- PT- Evening
Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more!!!
The Host is the main customer service representative from the Food Services Department to the patient. The Host is responsible for tray delivery and service as well as assisting patients to communicate with the Food Service Department. The Host orients patients to room service, assesses the level of participation in room service, and helps to guide the patient through the menu selection process.
- Understands the parameters for the diet orders, restrictions, and allergies ordered for the patient and how to correctly administer the proper diet order through selections. Reviews all notes or requests documented for a patient prior to taking menu selections. Follows patient identification when administering a tray or food item to a patient and follows proper hand hygiene when entering a patient room.
- Works to provide the ultimate customer experience for our patients. This includes coordinating with kitchen and office staff to ensure proper and timely tray delivery, thorough and correct explanation of our menu options, ensuring all patients are fed during appropriate meal times, proper delivery of tube feeding and snacks as needed, assisting with tray set up and appropriately solving any patient issues that may arise.
- Communicates in a calm, pleasant, professional manner at all times to both patients and co-workers. This includes following designated patient scripts, either in person or on the telephone, properly introducing yourself when entering a patient room with an explanation of your position, correctly explaining Bedside Bistro program to new admissions, reviewing patient menu selections as needed, and being able to explain menu items with suggestions as requested.
- Represents department accordingly including adherence to dress code and personal hygiene. Completing all cleaning and sanitation assignments. Maintains the patient food refrigerator on the unit; which includes recording daily temperatures, cleaning/sanitizing interior of refrigerator, maintaining, rotating and documenting daily par stocks. Cleaning and sanitizing food carts at the end of each shift and maintaining an overall cleanly work environment.
- Able to access CBORD to correctly enter in menu selections for the patient within the appropriate diet parameters. Also able to accurately put in the time of delivery and any additional requests noted. Capable to access the notes section in CBORD and look up ingredients as needed. Timely enters in tray monitor when a tray has been delivered.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Basic Computer Skills
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Food service experience.
- Customer service experience.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.