Food Service Associate- PT- Evening
Come join our Amazing team at Hackensack Meridian Health, we offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more including a Generous sign on bonus!!!
The food service associate performs a variety of food service functions under the direction of the food servic esupervisor. These functions include, but are not limited to, cold food production, meal assembly, and meal delivery. The major service areas include patient, catering, cafeteria and meals on wheels.
- Assembles and serves food in a timely manner. Completes food orders accurately and attractively. Serves proper portion sizes.
- Follows recipes (ingredients, portion sizes, measurements). Prepares quantities in accordance with par levels or per the instruction of the supervisor. Plates / displays food attractively. Restocks / replenishes food and supplies for assigned areas.
- Cleans equipment and work area as needed to reduce the risk of cross contamination and food born illness. Uses appropriate chemical correctly. Demonstrates proper hand hygiene: uses gloves and washes
hands as appropriate. Follows isolation precautions in patient areas.
- Represents department in a professional manner. Adheres to dress code. Maintains good personal hygiene and a clean appearance.
- Delivers food in a timely manner. Properly identifies patients according to policy, Sanitizes hands in and out of each patient room. Uses Tray monitor in real time to track tray delivery.
- Operates the register accurately with little to no deviation from expected cash count. Follows policies and procedures for counting out drawers. Accurately records sales information on the monthly log sheet.
- Keeps potentially hazardous food out of the danger zone. Logs temperatures of foods and takes corrective action as necessary. Stores food properly: at the right temperature; in the right order (FIFO); and with expiration dates. Discards food the evening before
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School/G.E.D preferred or equivalent work experience
- Food service experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write. Basic computer skills. Must be able to use mobile devices like iPads.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.