The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive(s) and relieves the executive of administrative type functions in order to increase the time an executive has available for executive level responsibilities.
1.Schedules appointments, meetings or conferences for departmental personnel utilizing interdepartmental and/or hospital wide computerized scheduling systems.
2.Prioritizes calls through screening process, transfers calls, records messages, and delivers to appropriate personnel. 3.Coordinates special projects as instructed, composes memos, transcribes notes, and researches and creates presentations. 4.Generates reports, handles multiple projects, and prepares and monitors invoices and expense reports.
5.Prepares and files routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports.
6.May handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office.
7.Reviews and distributes daily mail correspondence to appropriate personnel.
8.Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
9.Maintains up-to-date departmental manuals and files.
10.May assist with compiling and developing the annual budget.
11.Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
12.Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
13.Lifts a minimum of 10lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 15lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. GED or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 10 years experience is a related field.
3. Minimum of 2 years working for top level Executive(s).
4. Bachelors degree may be substituted for some of the required experience.
5. Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
6. Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
7. Strong problem solving skills.
8. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
9. Ability to prioritize and work independently on a variety of tasks.
10. Must possess the ability take initiative and handle stressful situations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Associates or Bachelors degree.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.