EMS Dispatcher, Emergency (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of an EMS Dispatcher at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Receives incoming and outgoing calls, differentiates between routine, priority non-emergency, 911 and emergency messages and initiates and follows through on responses as required in a professional and caring manner, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate transfer information is received and conveyed.
- Enters all responses and data into a computer aided dispatch system to ensure all regulations, standards and guidelines are in compliance and met.
- Complies with all local, state and federal safety and other laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Complies with all established Medical center and departmental rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Collaborates with department members to ensure customer satisfaction and calls are answered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accomplishes all aspects of the job in an operationally efficient, cost-effective and timely manner.
- Manages time effectively to reduce downtime.
- Ensures strategically placed units in our response area are placed to reduce response times for 911 calls.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 25 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 25 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years as Non-Emergency Dispatch Experience; or related experience in dispatching, law enforcement, firefighting or EMS.
- Familiar with computer aided dispatch, dispatch software, UHF/ VHF and other radio frequencies.
- Basic Tele Communicator.
- Emergency Medical Dispatch.
- Advanced Emergency Medical Dispatch.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification New Jersey - EMT
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification – BLS
- Basic Tele Communicator within one year of hire
- Emergency Medical Dispatch within one year of hire.
- Advanced Emergency Medical Dispatch within one year of hire.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.