Director, Public Relations, CTS
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Director, Public Relations for Clinical Transformation Services is responsible for directing the public function of the organization, including, promotions, publicity, media relations and the effective use of social media. Clinical Transformation Services include Cancer, Cardiovascular, Orthopedics, ChildrenÂ¿s Health, WomenÂ¿s Health, Emergency Department, Bariatrics, Rehabilitation, and Organ Transplant. This individual will Â¿take on CancerÂ¿ as a specialty beat on their own with support from marketing colleagues and will spearhead outreach by public relations officers at the various sites by specialties. Press officers at community hospitals will also report into this individual. Working in collaboration with the Network Director, Public Relations for network Institutional Initiatives, the Public Relations Director is responsible for developing, organizing and managing communication strategies and practices, including internal and executive communications, content strategies, including creation and management of owned, earned and shared media, relationships with media, outreach to and partnerships with the various communities surrounding Hackensack Meridian Health. Provide counsel to key customers and assists them in achieving their goals through the development and implementation of comprehensive plans.
A day in the life of a Director, Public Relations, CTS at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Oversees the promotion, publicity, and media relations for the health network as it relates to Clinical Transformation Services.
- Develops traditional and digital communication strategies for key internal audiences, including executives, employees, and physicians, developing and executing strategic communication plans for strategic initiatives and key issues.
- Provides communication support to various entities within HMH, including regions, CTSs, clinical functions and administrative areas (e.g., Human Resources, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal Affairs, Information Technology, and others).
- Provides executive communication support, creating messaging platforms, presentations, social posts and other tactics to enhance communications with internal and external stakeholders and elevate the HMH brand.
- Responsible for developing, organizing and managing communication strategies to increase local and national media coverage of HMH clinical and non-clinical operations and businesses.
- Oversees, in collaboration with the Social Media team, development of communication strategies that inform and engage stakeholders through targeted social platforms.
- Provides counsel to key customers and assists them in achieving their goals through the development and implementation of comprehensive media communication plans.
- Provides strategic counsel and proactive communication plans around critical issues and crises to eliminate or reduce damage to brand.
- Oversees the development and production of content to be deployed via various system communication tools (intranet, internet, newsletters, videos, displays, social media, etc.) for key customers, ensuing consistent and positive image through use of key messages, graphic standards and adherence to mission, vision and values.
- Ensures all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels, including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of strong and productive relationships with the various communities that surround HMH facilities, patients and customers to ensure a positive reputation for the system that supports system growth.
- Ensures that team members develop and maintain relationships with key community leaders and organizations through grass-roots community relations in and around the various Markets comprising the system to better position HMH as a premier community resource.
- Oversees the promotion, publicity, and media relations for the health network.
- Advises management in developing processes, policies, and procedures.
- Leads and directs the work of other employees, including the regional directors of communications and Foundation communication managers. Manages public relations agencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of media relations and use of social media.
- Responsible for providing public relations leadership and support to the health network, including, brand and image management.
- Media relations; public relations and special events; legislative and key constituent outreach; writing; implementation of web and digital strategies including targeted content development.
- Drive the media editorial calendar for the network, including maintaining a library of physician and clinical experts.
- Coordinate Public Relations plan development across the network and organize activities around medical advancements, announcements, celebrations, education, etc. as well as participation in community outreach and public affairs.
- Astute at analyzing potential media challenges as well as opportunities and preparing talking points and key messages.
- Strong crisis communication background and ability to speak
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- Prior healthcare leadership experience.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and social media platforms.
- Must maintain pro-active approach with measurable and strategic plans.
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests.
- Ability to approach and communicate with a wide range of personalities.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.