Director of Social Services - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Director of Social Services is responsible for ensuring that the resident rights are honored, serves as patient advocate, and coordinates all discharge planning. Serves as liaison between resident and all needed community services.
A day in the life of a Director of Social Servies at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Coordinates all discharges planning with Interdisciplinary Care Team and keeps family and resident informed.
- Serves as liaison for resident to ensure they receive the community services needed.
- Coordinates and schedules care conferences as per state/federal guidelines.
- Participates in requires in-services for family, residents, and staff.
- Oversees all department expenses and ensures monthly expenses are within budget.
- Assists residents and families with Medicaid application in a timely manner.
- Completes all required documentation per state/federal guidelines.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other staff.
- Effective communication with other staff, medical personnel, residents and their family/significant others, visitors and outside agencies and referral services
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Casework and group experience.
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ Licensed Clinical Social Worker or NJ Licensed Social Worker.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.